What do we suggest?
- You will get familiar with the main software development processes;
- You will get an opportunity to practice in providing professional software products development infrastructure establishment;
- You will master the latest operating process automation technologies, connected with software development and deployment processes.
- Within the course, you will be able to get up-to-date information from real professionals and solidify it while exchanging experience and knowledge with your friends under expert guidance.
- The curriculum of DevOps course enables receiving hands-on experience in such spheres:
|Database Management||Database Management
|Orchestration and Automation||
|Release and Deployment||Continuous Integration
|System Administration Core||
For those who:
- Have general knowledge in one of the most popular programming languages (Java, .NET, Python, Ruby, Golang);
- Have a basic understanding of OOP principles (encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance);
- Have experience in programming on Linux or Windows;
- Have general knowledge in network technologies (IP addressing, masks, routes, TCP and OSI layers, layered network protocols basics, NAT, PAT, firewall);
- Have experience in dealing with database management systems;
- Have general knowledge in writing automated scripts (BASH and CMD);
- Level of English is Intermediate+;
- Are ready to be involved in the education process at the IT Academy 6-8 hours every day.
What is the minimum technical knowledge demanded to enter the course and which resources can be used for preparation?
- DevOps Engineer role and responsibilities:
- System Administration Core:
- Types of virtualization (hardware emulation, full virtualization, paravirtualization, operating system-level virtualization). Hypervisor Classification (Xen, KVM, VMware (ESX/ESXi, Workstation), VirtualBox). Containers (LXC, Docker). Virtualization backup strategies.
- Continuous Integration Principles of continuous integration. Automated build concept. Building with build tool (ant, maven, gradle, make, rake, ...). Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity). Continuous inspection. Code metrics inro. Tools (SonarQube).
- Branching Strategies:
- Linux system monitoring tools (ps, top, w, sar, tcdump, netstat, iotop, vmstat, uptime, pmap). Distributed monitoring (Zabbix, Nagios, …)
- Database Management:
- Orchestration and Automation:
- Shell Scripting. Python for administration. Automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- SQL and Phyton:
- Cloud Computing:
- Release and Deployment:
- Source control. SVN, Git basics. Branches and tags management strategy. Product Deploying, Software Installation. Application servers. Jboss (WildFly), WebSphere. Publishing Web sites. Publishing Web services. One Click Deployment.
- Installing and configuring databases. User management (privileges and permissions).
- Backups. Types, Tools for making backups. Recovery and disaster recovery. Basic monitoring. Tables, relationships, keys, constraints understanding.
- Understanding services and applications by type. Cloud service models. Introducing to Amazon Web services.
* What can bring advantages at the interview with an expert?
- Having own software developments, projects etc.;
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Eucalyptus, CloudStack);
- Understanding of software development processes. Scrum. Jira. Kanban;
- Knowledge of design and architectural patterns;
- Knowledge of distributed systems, orchestration;
- Knowledge of microservices;
- Knowledge of service operation basics. ITIL process as a base for Service operation.
* We don`t specify literature for this section and don`t put these questions on the obligatory list. But awareness of something, noted above, will be your advantage at the interview with a technical expert.
What is the procedure for entering courses? Answers to organizational questions
· Schedule of courses at the IT Academy:
· Registration for courses of the IT Academy:
Available groups for registration
DevOps Development for Unix
30.01.2020 – 30.04.2020
DevOps Development for Unix
06.02.2020 – 13.05.2020