What do we suggest?
- Within the course you will be able to get up-to- date information from real professionals and solidify it while exchanging experience and knowledge with your friends under the expert guidance.
- Curriculum of the course includes such topics:
- Relational database. Database design. Diagrams;
- Types of tables relationships;
- Stored procedures, functions, triggers writing. Dynamic SQL;
- Temporary tables. Cursors;
- Solidifying T-SQL knowledge. Knowledge of the main operators, ability to use skills while working on a project. Aggregation, window functions;
- Studying main SQL Server Management Studio components;
- Building data warehouse; Inmon/Kimbal approach;
- SSIS. Designing a project for uploading data from files to a database. Providing incremental data uploading;
- Analytics. Reporting using SSRS, TABLEAU;
- Solidifying theoretical knowledge.
For those, who:
- Have basic knowledge in DBMS (Databases, widespread DBMS, database objects, data consistency, database normalization);
- Know SQL Server data types, SQL constraints;
- Have basic knowledge in T-SQL;
- Are familiar with business analytics (business analytics tools, ETL, database storage, database denormalization);
- Have logical thinking, algorithms;
- Understand “client-server” connection;
- Level of English is Intermediate+;
- Are ready to be involved in education process at the IT Academy 6-8 hours every day.
What is the minimum technical knowledge demanded to enter the course and which resources can be used for preparation?
- Basic understanding of OLTP and OLAP systems;
- Idea of relational database;
- Normal forms, denormalization. Necessity of database denormalization;
- Connection between tables;
- Сonstraints. Primary key, Foreign Key, Default, Check, Unique constraints;
- Indexes. Their types and purpose;
- Idea of database warehouse. Approaches to database storage creation;
- SQL basics;
- SELECT, FROM, WHERE ,GROUP BY, HAVING requests;
- Tables combination (INNER, OUTER, FULL, CROSS join, self-join, APPLY);
- Using CASE, LIKE, IN (NOT IN), ANY, IF EXISTS (IF NOT EXISTS) in requests;
- TOP, OFFSET FETCH;
- UNION/UNION ALL, EXCEPT/INTERSECT;
- Window functions;
- Understanding of main data types;
- DML – INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE;
- DDL – CREATE/DROP/ALTER;
- Stored procedure;
- Function – scalar, inline, multi statement;
- View (purpose of using, ways of data update);
- Triggers (essence, their main types);
- Dynamic SQL;
- Temporary objects (temporary tables, time variables).
* What can bring advantages at the interview with an expert?
- Doing tasks on site sql-ex, learning level;
- Basic understanding of SSIS (data flow task, main control flow, deploy package components);
- Hands-on experience in database objects creation: table, view, stored procedure, function, trigger.
* We don`t specify literature for this section and don`t put these questions on the obligatory list. But awareness of something, noted above, will be your advantage at the interview with a technical expert.
What is the procedure of entering courses? Answers to organizational questions
· Schedule of courses of the IT Academy:
· Registration for courses of the IT Academy:
Available groups for registration
20.12.2019 – 20.03.2020