IIBA Endorsed Course (PDU/CDU: 32)
Group size: 16 – max 20 students
Course duration: 38 hours
· 12 evening sessions +1 bonus lecture about technology
· 4 Saturday workshops
What do we offer?
The course is developed for you if you want to become a business analyst and if you wish to deepen and structure your BA knowledge. It will help you to be more efficient in defining business problems, describing functional and non-functional requirements for software products. You'll become a key person for developing valuable solutions.
The main course goal – is to help students to gain theoretical knowledge and practice skills that are crucial for a business analyst on a project. The course teaches how to communicate with a client, specify and manage requirements and work with a development team. It includes best practices and many tips and tricks that experienced business analysts use in their everyday work.
The course consists of lectures, practical tasks, and workshops.
You will go through all main stages of Business Analysis while working on your project from the very beginning of the course:
1. Intro about BA – the Business Analyst role, what personal traits BA should have, what techniques they should use, and what rights and responsibilities they have
2. SDLC Process – Software Development Life Cycles with roles responsibilities and needs (BA, QA, PM, DEV, Architect)
3. Stakeholder Management – why we need stakeholder analysis and management, what techniques may be useful to analyze stakeholders
4. Ideation Workshop – practice with facilitation technique on idea brainstorming
5. Requirements Classification – what business, stakeholder, solution and transition requirement are, why assumption, constraint and business rules are important
6. Requirements Elicitation – how to elicit requirements in the most effective way
7. Scope Definition – scope types and base lining, techniques to outline scope
8. Requirements Specification and documentation – Functional decomposition and requirements documentation
9. Use Case diagram & Specification Workshop – what use cases are, templates for use case description, use case diagram
10. Process Modeling – what process modeling is, practice with UML activity flow diagram
11. Requirements prototyping – designing solution UI as BA
12. Requirements Workshop – Story Mapping theory and practice
13. Requirements quality - what the criteria for successful requirements are
14. Requirements prioritization – what techniques can be used for requirements prioritization
15. Non-functional and Get together documentation Workshop – non-functional requirements and how to put together all business analysis data
16. Requirements acceptance – what BA involvement is once requirements are implemented
17. Bonus lecture
18. Closure – Participants presentations, course feedback, and Q&A
Some of our trainers:
You will have mentors!
Costs of the course:
12000 UAH (early birds)
13000 UAH (regular price)